Nebraska Revised Statute 76-1494
Landlord; rules and regulations.
A landlord may adopt rules or regulations, however described, concerning the tenant's use and occupancy of the mobile home park. The rules and regulations shall be enforceable against the tenant only if they are written and if:
(1) Their purpose is to promote the convenience, safety, or welfare of the tenants in the mobile home park, preserve the landlord's property from abuse, make a fair distribution of services and facilities held out for the tenants generally, or facilitate reasonable mobile home park management;
(2) They are reasonably related to the purpose for which adopted;
(3) They apply to all tenants in the mobile home park in a fair manner;
(4) They are sufficiently explicit in prohibition, direction, or limitation of the tenant's conduct to fairly inform him or her of what must or must not be done to comply;
(5) They are not for the purpose of evading the obligations of the landlord; and
(6) The prospective tenant is given a copy of any existing rules and regulations before entering into the rental agreement.
Notice of all additions, changes, deletions, or amendments to the rules and regulations shall be given to all mobile home tenants sixty days before they become effective. The landlord may change, add, delete, or amend the rules and regulations without sixty days' notice only with the written consent of at least one adult resident from a minimum of sixty percent of the households in the mobile home park. Adult resident shall mean a resident who has achieved the age of majority as defined in section 43-2101. Any rule or condition of occupancy which does not conform to the requirements of the Mobile Home Landlord and Tenant Act shall be unenforceable. A rule or regulation adopted after the tenant enters into the rental agreement shall be enforceable against the tenant only if it does not conflict with or contradict the tenant's rental agreement. Nothing in this section shall prohibit a landlord from adopting rules and regulations applicable to new tenants only and not to persons who are tenants prior to the effective date of the rules and regulations.
- Laws 1984, LB 916, § 45;
- Laws 1988, LB 790, § 32.