Nebraska Revised Statute 71-8402
(1) Medical records means a provider's record of a patient's health history and treatment rendered;
(2) Mental health medical records means medical records or parts thereof created by or under the direction or supervision of a licensed psychiatrist, a licensed psychologist, or a mental health practitioner licensed or certified pursuant to the Mental Health Practice Act;
(3) Patient includes a patient or former patient;
(4) Patient request or request of a patient includes the request of a patient's guardian or other authorized representative; and
(5) Provider means a physician, psychologist, chiropractor, dentist, hospital, clinic, and any other licensed or certified health care practitioner or entity.
- Mental Health Practice Act, see section 38-2101.