Nebraska Revised Statute 71-8246
Chapter 71 Section 8246
Regional trauma system; department; duties.
The department shall develop the regional trauma system. The department shall:
(1) Assess and analyze regional trauma care needs;
(2) Identify personnel, agencies, facilities, equipment, training, and education needed to meet regional needs;
(3) Identify specific activities necessary to meet statewide standards and patient care outcomes and develop a plan of implementation for regional compliance;
(4) Promote agreements with providers outside the region to facilitate patient transfer;
(5) Establish a regional budget;
(6) Establish the minimum number and level of facilities to be designated which are consistent with state standards and based upon availability of resources and the distribution of trauma within the region; and
(7) Include other specific elements defined by the department.
- Laws 1997, LB 626, § 46;
- Laws 2009, LB195, § 106.