Nebraska Revised Statute 71-601.01
For purposes of the Vital Statistics Act:
(1) Abstract of marriage means a certified document that summarizes the facts of marriage, including, but not limited to, the name of the bride and groom, the date of the marriage, the place of the marriage, and the name of the office filing the original marriage license. An abstract of marriage does not include signatures;
(2) Certificate means the record of a vital event. Certificate does not include a commemorative certificate;
(3) Certification means the process of recording, filing, amending, or preserving a certificate, which process may be by any means, including, but not limited to, microfilm, electronic, imaging, photographic, typewritten, or other means designated by the department;
(4) Commemorative certificate means a document commemorating a nonviable birth;
(5) Department means the Department of Health and Human Services; and
(6) Nonviable birth means an unintentional, spontaneous fetal demise occurring prior to the twentieth week of gestation during a pregnancy that has been verified by a health care practitioner.