Nebraska Revised Statute 71-4620
Chapter 71 Section 4620
Manufacturer; compliance with standards or correction of nonconformance; conditions; powers of commission; remedy plan; replacement or refund; when provided.
(1) A manufacturer required to furnish notification of a failure to conform under section 71-4616 or 71-4618 shall also bring the manufactured home or recreational vehicle into compliance with applicable commission standards and correct the failure to conform or have the failure to conform corrected within a reasonable period of time at no expense to the owner if the failure to conform presents an unreasonable risk of injury or death to occupants and the failure to conform can be related to an error by the manufacturer in design or assembly.
(2) The commission may direct the manufacturer to make such corrections after providing an opportunity for oral and written presentation of views by interested persons. Nothing in this section shall limit the rights of the purchaser or any other person under any contract or applicable law.
(3) The manufacturer shall submit a remedy plan for repairing such failure to conform to the commission for its approval, or the manufacturer shall notify the commission of the corrective action the manufacturer has taken and request state approval. Whenever a manufacturer is required to correct a failure to conform, the commission shall approve with or without modification, after consultation with the manufacturer, the manufacturer's remedy plan, including the date when and the method by which the notification and remedy required pursuant to this section shall be effectuated. Such date shall be the earliest practicable one but shall not be more than sixty days after the date of discovery or determination of the failure to conform, unless the commission grants an extension of such period for good cause shown. The manufacturer shall implement any remedy plan approved by the commission.
(4) When a failure to conform cannot be adequately repaired within sixty days from the date of discovery or determination of the failure to conform, the commission may require that the manufactured home or recreational vehicle be replaced with a new or equivalent manufactured home or recreational vehicle without charge or that the purchase price be refunded in full, less a reasonable allowance for depreciation based on actual use if the manufactured home or recreational vehicle has been in the possession of the owner for more than one year.
- Laws 1975, LB 300, § 19;
- Laws 1985, LB 313, § 23;
- Laws 1993, LB 536, § 100;
- Laws 1998, LB 1073, § 144.