Nebraska Revised Statute 71-3508
Radiation; possession or use; records; contents; user of sources of radiation; qualifications; exemptions.
(1) The department shall require each person who possesses or uses a source of radiation to maintain records relating to its receipt, storage, transfer, or disposal and such other records as the department may require subject to such exemptions as may be provided by rules or regulations. These records shall be made available for inspection by or copies shall be submitted to the department on request.
(2) The department shall require each person who possesses or uses a source of radiation to maintain appropriate records showing the radiation exposure of all individuals for whom personnel monitoring is required by rules and regulations of the department. Copies of these records and those required to be kept by subsection (1) of this section shall be submitted to the department on request. Any person possessing or using a source of radiation shall furnish to each employee for whom personnel monitoring is required a copy of each employee's personal exposure record at any time such employee has received exposure in excess of the amount specified in the rules and regulations of the department and upon termination of employment. A copy of the annual exposure record shall be furnished to the employee as required under rules and regulations adopted under the Radiation Control Act.
(3) The department may adopt and promulgate rules and regulations establishing qualifications pertaining to the education, knowledge of radiation safety procedures, training, experience, utilization, facilities, equipment, and radiation protection program that an individual user of sources of radiation shall possess prior to using any source of radiation or radiation-generating equipment. Individuals who are currently licensed in the State of Nebraska as podiatrists, chiropractors, dentists, physicians and surgeons, osteopathic physicians, physician assistants, and veterinarians shall be exempt from the rules and regulations of the department pertaining to the qualifications of persons for the use of X-ray radiation-generating equipment operated for diagnostic purposes.
- Laws 1963, c. 406, § 8, p. 1303;
- Laws 1975, LB 157, § 8;
- Laws 1978, LB 814, § 6;
- Laws 1980, LB 816, § 1;
- Laws 1987, LB 390, § 8;
- Laws 1989, LB 342, § 35;
- Laws 1995, LB 406, § 45;
- Laws 1996, LB 1108, § 21.