Nebraska Revised Statute 71-2411
Chapter 71 Section 2411
For purposes of the Emergency Box Drug Act:
(1) Authorized personnel means any medical doctor, doctor of osteopathy, registered nurse, licensed practical nurse, nurse practitioner, pharmacist, or physician assistant;
(2) Department means the Department of Health and Human Services;
(3) Drug means any prescription drug or device or legend drug or device defined under section 38-2841, any nonprescription drug as defined under section 38-2829, any controlled substance as defined under section 28-405, or any device as defined under section 38-2814;
(4) Emergency box drugs means drugs required to meet the immediate therapeutic needs of patients when the drugs are not available from any other authorized source in time to sufficiently prevent risk of harm to such patients by the delay resulting from obtaining such drugs from such other authorized source;
(5) Long-term care facility means an intermediate care facility, an intermediate care facility for persons with developmental disabilities, a long-term care hospital, a mental health center, a nursing facility, or a skilled nursing facility, as such terms are defined in the Health Care Facility Licensure Act;
(6) Multiple dose vial means any bottle in which more than one dose of a liquid drug is stored or contained;
(7) Pharmacist means a pharmacist as defined in section 38-2832 who is employed by a supplying pharmacy or who has contracted with a long-term care facility to provide consulting services; and
(8) Supplying pharmacy means a pharmacy that supplies drugs for an emergency box located in a long-term care facility. Drugs in the emergency box are owned by the supplying pharmacy.
- Health Care Facility Licensure Act, see section 71-401.