Nebraska Revised Statute 71-1947
Chapter 71 Section 1947
Lapsed license; reinstatement; suspension; probation; reinstatement; procedure; hearing; revoked license; revocation period.
(1) A license issued under the Children's Residential Facilities and Placing Licensure Act that has lapsed for nonpayment of fees is eligible for reinstatement at any time by applying to the department and paying the fees as provided in section 71-1929.
(2) A license that has been disciplined by being placed on suspension is eligible for reinstatement at the end of the period of suspension upon successful completion of an inspection and payment of the fees as provided in section 71-1929.
(3) A license that has been disciplined by being placed on probation is eligible for reinstatement at the end of the period of probation upon successful completion of an inspection if the department determines an inspection is warranted.
(4) A license that has been disciplined by being placed on probation or suspension may be reinstated prior to the completion of the term of such probation or suspension as provided in this subsection. Upon petition from a licensee and after consideration of materials submitted with such petition, the director may order an inspection or other investigation of the licensee. On the basis of material submitted by the licensee and the results of any inspection or investigation by the department, the director shall determine whether to grant full reinstatement of the license, to modify the probation or suspension, or to deny the petition for reinstatement. The director's decision shall become final fifteen days after mailing the decision to the licensee unless the licensee requests a hearing within such fifteen-day period. Any requested hearing shall be held according to rules and regulations of the department for administrative hearings in contested cases. Any party to the decision shall have a right to judicial review under the Administrative Procedure Act.
(5) A license that has been disciplined by being revoked is not eligible for relicensure until two years after the date of such revocation. An application for an initial license may be made at the end of such two-year period.
- Administrative Procedure Act, see section 84-920.