Nebraska Revised Statute 71-1916
Chapter 71 Section 1916
Department; administrative procedures.
(1) The department shall adopt and promulgate such rules and regulations, consistent with the Child Care Licensing Act, as necessary for (a) the proper care and protection of children in programs regulated under the act, (b) the issuance and discipline of licenses, and (c) the proper administration of the act.
(2) The department shall adopt and promulgate rules and regulations establishing standards for the physical well-being, safety, and protection of children in programs licensed under the Child Care Licensing Act. Such standards shall insure that the program is providing proper care for and treatment of the children served and that such care and treatment is consistent with the children's physical well-being, safety, and protection. Such standards shall not require the use of any specific instructional materials or affect the contents of any course of instruction which may be offered by a program. The rules and regulations shall contain provisions which encourage the involvement of parents in child care for their children and insure the availability, accessibility, and high quality of services for children.
(3) The rules and regulations shall be adopted and promulgated pursuant to the Administrative Procedure Act, except that the department shall hold a public hearing in each geographic area of the state prior to the adoption, amendment, or repeal of any rule or regulation. The department shall review and provide recommendations to the Governor for updating such rules and regulations at least every five years.
(4) The rules and regulations applicable to programs required to be licensed under the Child Care Licensing Act do not apply to any program operated or contracted by a public school district and subject to the rules and regulations of the State Department of Education as provided in section 79-1104.
(5) Contested cases of the department under the Child Care Licensing Act shall be in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act.
- Administrative Procedure Act, see section 84-920.