Nebraska Revised Statute 70-1606
Discontinuance of service; notice; contents.
The notice required by section 70-1605 shall contain the following information:
(1) The reason for the proposed disconnection;
(2) A statement of intention to disconnect unless the domestic subscriber either pays the bill or reaches an agreement with the utility regarding payment of the bill;
(3) The date upon which service will be disconnected if the domestic subscriber does not take appropriate action;
(4) The name, address, and telephone number of the utility's employee or department to whom the domestic subscriber may address any inquiry or complaint;
(5) The domestic subscriber's right, prior to the disconnection date, to request a conference regarding any dispute over such proposed disconnection;
(6) A statement that the utility may not disconnect service pending the conclusion of the conference;
(7) A statement to the effect that disconnection may be postponed or prevented upon presentation of a duly licensed physician's certificate which shall certify that a domestic subscriber or resident within such subscriber's household has an existing illness or handicap which would cause such subscriber or resident to suffer an immediate and serious health hazard by the disconnection of the utility's service to that household. Such certificate shall be filed with the utility within five days of receiving notice under this section and will prevent the disconnection of the utility's service for a period of thirty days from such filing. Only one postponement of disconnection shall be allowed under this subdivision for each incidence of nonpayment of any past-due account;
(8) The cost that will be borne by the domestic subscriber for restoration of service;
(9) A statement that the domestic subscriber may arrange with the utility for an installment payment plan;
(10) A statement to the effect that those domestic subscribers who are welfare recipients may qualify for assistance in payment of their utility bill and that they should contact their caseworker in that regard; and
(11) Any additional information not inconsistent with this section which has received prior approval from the board of directors or administrative board of any utility.
- Laws 1979, LB 143, § 3;
- R.S.1943, (1987), § 19-2704;
- Laws 1988, LB 792, § 6.