Nebraska Revised Statute 69-302
For purposes of the Mail Order Contact Lens Act:
(1) Contact lens prescription means a written order bearing the original signature of an optometrist or physician or an oral or electromagnetic order issued by an optometrist or physician that authorizes the dispensing of contact lenses to a patient and meets the requirements of section 69-303;
(2) Department means the Department of Health and Human Services;
(3) Mail-order ophthalmic provider means an entity that ships, mails, or in any manner delivers dispensed contact lenses to Nebraska residents;
(4) Optometrist means a person licensed to practice optometry pursuant to the Optometry Practice Act; and
(5) Physician means a person licensed to practice medicine and surgery pursuant to the Medicine and Surgery Practice Act.