Nebraska Revised Statute 68-1532
Family support program; services and support; priorities.
The Department of Health and Human Services shall allocate medicaid waiver benefits under section 68-1530 based on appropriations by the Legislature for such waiver and give priority status in the following order:
(1) First, to disabled children and family units in crisis situations in which the disabled child tends to self-injure or injure siblings and other family members;
(2) Second, to disabled children who are at risk for placement in juvenile detention centers, other institutional settings, or out-of-home placements;
(3) Third, to disabled children whose primary caretakers are grandparents because no other family caregivers are available to provide care;
(4) Fourth, to families who have more than one disabled child residing in the family home; and
(5) Fifth, based on the date of application under the family support program.
- Laws 2022, LB376, § 4.
- Effective Date: July 21, 2022