Nebraska Revised Statute 66-1344.01
Ethanol tax credits; agreement required; contents.
The Tax Commissioner and the producer eligible to receive credits under subsection (2) of section 66-1344 shall enter into a written agreement. The producer shall agree to produce ethanol at the designated facility and any expansion thereof. The Tax Commissioner, on behalf of the State of Nebraska, shall agree to furnish the producer the tax credits as provided by and limited in section 66-1344 in effect on the date of the agreement. The agreement to produce ethanol in return for the credits shall be sufficient consideration, and the agreement shall be binding upon the state. No credit shall be given to any producer of ethanol which fails to produce ethanol in Nebraska in compliance with the agreement. The agreement shall include:
(1) The name of the producer;
(2) The address of the ethanol facility;
(3) The date of the initial eligibility of the ethanol facility to receive such credits;
(4) The name plate design capacity of the ethanol facility as of the date of its initial eligibility to receive such credits; and
(5) The name plate design capacity which the facility is intended to have after the completion of any proposed expansion. If no expansion is contemplated at the time of the initial agreement, the agreement may be amended to include any proposed expansion.
The Tax Commissioner shall not accept any applications for new agreements on or after April 16, 2004.