Nebraska Revised Statute 60-6,159
Required position and method of turning; right-hand and left-hand turns; traffic control devices.
(1) Both the approach for a right turn and a right turn shall be made as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway.
(2) The driver of a vehicle intending to turn left at any intersection shall approach the intersection in the extreme left-hand lane lawfully available to traffic moving in the direction of travel of such vehicle and, after entering the intersection, the left turn shall be made so as to leave the intersection, as nearly as practicable, in the extreme left-hand lane lawfully available to traffic moving in such direction upon the roadway being entered. Whenever practicable, the left turn shall be made in that portion of the intersection to the left of the center of the intersection.
(3) The Department of Transportation and local authorities in their respective jurisdictions may cause traffic control devices to be placed within or adjacent to intersections and thereby require and direct that a different course from that specified in this section be traveled by vehicles turning at an intersection, and when such devices are so placed, no driver of a vehicle shall turn a vehicle at an intersection other than as directed and required by such devices.
- Laws 1973, LB 45, § 50;
- R.S.1943, (1988), § 39-650;
- Laws 1993, LB 370, § 255;
- Laws 2017, LB339, § 205.