Nebraska Revised Statute 55-182
Nebraska National Guard; rights.
The rights of a member of the Nebraska National Guard in the State of Nebraska shall include, but not be limited to, the right to:
(1) Seek employment with state, county, and local government;
(2) Not have membership in the Nebraska National Guard impact such member's right to donate to political parties when not on duty status;
(3) Participate with state, county, or local government in a law enforcement function as prescribed by that government;
(4) Receive the same protections a law enforcement officer is afforded under section 23-3211 if the member is acting as a law enforcement officer pursuant to subdivision (3) of this section; and
(5) Protection of such member's personal information as afforded personnel of public bodies pursuant to subdivision (7) of section 84-712.05, if the member is acting as a law enforcement officer pursuant to subdivision (3) of this section.