Nebraska Revised Statute 54-907
The Livestock Animal Welfare Act shall not apply to:
(1) Care or treatment of a livestock animal or other conduct by a veterinarian or veterinary technician licensed under the Veterinary Medicine and Surgery Practice Act that occurs within the scope of his or her employment, that occurs while acting in his or her professional capacity, or that conforms to commonly accepted veterinary practices;
(2) Euthanasia of a livestock animal or livestock animals as conducted by the owner or by his or her agent or a veterinarian upon the owner's request;
(3) Research activity carried on by any research facility currently meeting the standards of the federal Animal Welfare Act, 7 U.S.C. 2131 et seq., as such act existed on January 1, 2010;
(4) Commonly accepted animal welfare practices with respect to livestock animals and commercial livestock operations, including their transport from one location to another and nonnegligent actions taken by personnel or agents of the Department of Agriculture or the United States Department of Agriculture in the performance of duties prescribed by law;
(5) Commonly followed practices occurring in conjunction with the slaughter of animals for food or byproducts;
(6) Commonly accepted animal training practices; and
(7) Commonly accepted practices occurring in conjunction with sanctioned rodeos, animal racing, and pulling contests.
- Veterinary Medicine and Surgery Practice Act, see section 38-3301.