Nebraska Revised Statute 54-703
Prevention of diseases; enforcement; inspections; rules and regulations.
(1) The Department of Agriculture and all inspectors and persons appointed and authorized to assist in the work of the department shall enforce the Exotic Animal Auction or Exchange Venue Act and sections 54-701 to 54-753.05 and 54-797 to 54-7,103 as designated.
(2) The department and any officer, agent, employee, or appointee of the department shall have the right to enter upon the premises of any person who has, or is suspected of having, any animal thereon, including any premises where the carcass or carcasses of dead livestock may be found or where a facility for the disposal or storage of dead livestock is located, for the purpose of making any and all inspections, examinations, tests, and treatments of such animal, to inspect livestock carcass disposal practices, and to declare, carry out, and enforce any and all quarantines.
(3) The department, in consultation with the Department of Environment and Energy and the Department of Health and Human Services, may adopt and promulgate rules and regulations reflecting best management practices for the burial of carcasses of dead livestock.
(4) The Department of Agriculture may further adopt and promulgate such rules and regulations as are necessary to promptly and efficiently enforce and effectuate the general purpose and provisions of sections 54-701 to 54-753.05 and 54-797 to 54-7,103.
- Exotic Animal Auction or Exchange Venue Act, see section 54-7,105.