Nebraska Revised Statute 54-645
For purposes of the Dog and Cat Purchase Protection Act:
(1) Casual breeder means any person, other than a commercial dog or cat breeder as such terms are defined in section 54-626, who offers for sale, sells, trades, or receives consideration for one or more pet animals from a litter produced by a female dog or cat owned by such casual breeder;
(2) Clinical symptom means indication of an illness or dysfunction that is apparent to a veterinarian based on the veterinarian's observation, examination, or testing of an animal or on a review of the animal's medical records;
(3) Health certificate means the official small animal certificate of veterinary inspection of the Department of Agriculture;
(4) Pet animal means a dog, wholly or in part of the species Canis familiaris, or a cat, wholly or in part of the species Felis domesticus, that is under fifteen months of age;
(5) Purchaser means the final owner of a pet animal purchased from a seller. Purchaser does not include a person who purchases a pet animal for resale;
(6) Seller means a casual breeder or any commercial establishment, including a commercial dog or cat breeder, dealer, or pet shop as such terms are defined in section 54-626, that engages in a business of selling pet animals to a purchaser. A seller does not include an animal control facility, animal rescue, or animal shelter as defined in section 54-626 or any animal adoption activity that an animal control facility, animal rescue, or animal shelter conducts offsite at any pet store or other commercial establishment; and
(7)(a) Serious health problem means a congenital or hereditary defect or contagious disease that causes severe illness or death of the pet animal.
(b) Serious health problem does not include (i) parvovirus if the diagnosis of parvovirus is made after the seven-business-day requirement in subsection (1) of section 54-647 or (ii) any other contagious disease that causes severe illness or death after ten calendar days after delivery of the pet animal to the purchaser.