Nebraska Revised Statute 53-173
Powdered alcohol; prohibited acts; penalties; effect on license.
(1) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (5) of this section, a person shall not purchase, sell, offer to sell, use, or possess with intent to sell powdered alcohol.
(2) A person holding a license under the Nebraska Liquor Control Act shall be subject to having the license suspended, canceled, or revoked pursuant to the act for a violation of this section.
(3) Any person, other than a person licensed under the act, who sells a powdered alcohol product shall be guilty of a Class I misdemeanor.
(4) Any person knowingly or intentionally possessing powdered alcohol shall:
(a) For the first offense, be guilty of an infraction, receive a citation, and be fined three hundred dollars;
(b) For the second offense, be guilty of a Class IV misdemeanor, receive a citation, and be fined four hundred dollars and may be imprisoned not to exceed five days; and
(c) For the third and all subsequent offenses, be guilty of a Class IIIA misdemeanor, receive a citation, be fined five hundred dollars, and be imprisoned not to exceed seven days.
(5) This section does not apply to a hospital that operates primarily for the purpose of conducting scientific research, a state institution conducting bona fide research, a private college or university conducting bona fide research, or a pharmaceutical company or biotechnology company conducting bona fide research.