Nebraska Revised Statute 46-651
Spacing of water wells; distance.
(1) Except as provided in section 46-653 or 46-654, (a) no irrigation or industrial water well or water well of any other public water supplier shall be drilled within one thousand feet of any registered water well of any public water supplier, (b) no water well of any such public water supplier shall be drilled within one thousand feet of any registered irrigation or industrial water well, (c) no irrigation water well shall be drilled within one thousand feet of a registered industrial water well, and (d) no industrial water well shall be drilled within one thousand feet of a registered irrigation or industrial water well. Such prohibitions shall not apply to water wells owned by the same person.
(2) An existing water well for which a change in the intended use is proposed shall be subject to any spacing requirement in subsection (1) of this section that would apply to the drilling of a new water well at the same location for the new use intended.
(3) The well-spacing protection of subsections (1) and (2) of this section shall apply to an unregistered water well for a period of only sixty days following completion of such water well.
(4) The spacing requirements in subsection (1) of this section shall not apply to any replacement water well if that water well is drilled within fifty feet of the water well being replaced and if the water well being replaced was drilled prior to July 16, 2004, was in compliance with any applicable spacing statute when drilled, and is less than one thousand feet from the registered water well for which spacing protection is provided.
- Laws 1965, c. 270, § 1, p. 771;
- Laws 1979, LB 201, § 1;
- Laws 1980, LB 643, § 6;
- Laws 1981, LB 246, § 2;
- Laws 1993, LB 131, § 21;
- Laws 2004, LB 962, § 38.