Nebraska Revised Statute 46-574
Boundaries; change; no impairment of rights; petition; contents.
The boundaries of any reclamation district now or hereafter organized under Chapter 46, article 5, may be changed and tracts of land included within the boundaries of such district in the manner prescribed by sections 46-574 to 46-584, but the changes of boundaries of the district shall not impair its organization or its rights in or to property or any of its rights or privileges of whatever kind or nature nor shall it impair or discharge any contract, obligation, lien, or charge for or upon which it was or might become liable or chargeable had such annexation and change of boundaries not been made. Before any tracts of land can be annexed and included in such district, a petition shall be filed with the board of directors of the district to which annexation is desired signed by the owners of not less than fifty-one percent of the acreage of lands in the tract or tracts of land to be annexed and included in such district, exclusive of land in cities and villages, and each tract or tracts of land and the total acreage shall be listed opposite the name of the signer. A signing petitioner shall not be permitted after the filing of the petition to withdraw his or her name therefrom. The petition shall set forth:
(1) The name of the district to which the annexation and inclusion shall be made;
(2) That property within the boundaries of the area proposed to be annexed to the district will be benefited by the accomplishment of the purposes enumerated in section 46-515;
(3) A general description of the purpose of the contemplated improvement and of the territory to be included in the tract or tracts of land, which description need not be given by metes and bounds or by legal subdivision, but it shall be sufficient to enable a property owner to ascertain whether the property is within the territory proposed to be annexed and included in such district;
(4) The taxable value of all irrigable land within the boundaries of the tract or tracts of land to be annexed and included in such district;
(5) A general description of the proposed tract or tracts of land and the division or divisions of such district to which the tract or tracts of land will be included; and
(6) A prayer for the annexation and inclusion of the tract or tracts by the signing petitioner or petitioners.
- Laws 1951, c. 147, § 1, p. 589;
- Laws 1979, LB 187, § 175;
- Laws 1992, LB 719A, § 153.