Nebraska Revised Statute 44-407.11
Contracts issued on or after operative date of law; provisions required.
In the case of contracts issued on or after the operative date of this act, no contract of annuity, except as stated in subsection (2) of section 44-407.10, shall be delivered or issued for delivery in this state unless it contains in substance the following provisions, or corresponding provisions which in the opinion of the Department of Insurance are at least as favorable to the contract holder, upon cessation of payment of considerations under the contract:
(1) That, upon cessation of payment of considerations under a contract or upon the written request of the contract owner, the company shall grant a paid-up annuity benefit on a plan stipulated in the contract of such value as is specified in sections 44-407.16 to 44-407.19 and 44-407.21;
(2) If a contract provides for a lump-sum settlement at maturity, or at any other time, that, upon surrender of the contract at or prior to the commencement of any annuity payments, the company shall pay in lieu of any paid-up annuity benefit a cash surrender benefit of such amount as is specified in sections 44-407.16, 44-407.17, 44-407.19, and 44-407.21. The company shall reserve the right to defer the payment of such cash surrender benefit for a period not to exceed six months after demand therefor with surrender of the contract after making written request and receiving written approval of the director. The request shall address the necessity and equitability to all policyholders of the deferral;
(3) A statement of the mortality table, if any, and interest rates used in calculating any minimum paid-up annuity, cash surrender, or death benefits that are guaranteed under the contract, together with sufficient information to determine the amounts of such benefits; and
(4) A statement that any paid-up annuity, cash surrender, or death benefits that may be available under the contract are not less than the minimum benefits required by any statute of the state in which the contract is delivered and an explanation of the manner in which such benefits are altered by the existence of any additional amounts credited by the company to the contract, any indebtedness to the company on the contract, or any prior withdrawals from or partial surrenders of the contract.
- Laws 1979, LB 354, § 7;
- Laws 2004, LB 1047, § 3.
- For determination of operative date, see section 44-407.23.