Nebraska Revised Statute 43-260.04
Chapter 43 Section 260.04
Juvenile pretrial diversion program; requirements.
A juvenile pretrial diversion program shall:
(1) Be an option available for the county attorney or city attorney based upon his or her determination under this subdivision. The county attorney or city attorney may use the following information:
(a) The juvenile's age;
(b) The nature of the offense and role of the juvenile in the offense;
(c) The number and nature of previous offenses involving the juvenile;
(d) The dangerousness or threat posed by the juvenile to persons or property; or
(e) The recommendations of the referring agency, victim, and advocates for the juvenile;
(2) Permit participation by a juvenile only on a voluntary basis and shall include a juvenile diversion agreement described in section 43-260.06;
(3) Allow the juvenile to consult with counsel prior to a decision to participate in the program;
(4) Be offered to the juvenile when practicable prior to the filing of a juvenile petition or a criminal charge but after the arrest of the juvenile or issuance of a citation to the juvenile if after the arrest or citation a decision has been made by the county attorney or city attorney that the offense will support the filing of a juvenile petition or criminal charges;
(5) Provide screening services for use in creating a diversion plan utilizing appropriate services for the juvenile;
(6) Result in dismissal of the juvenile petition or criminal charges if the juvenile successfully completes the program;
(8) Require information received by the program regarding the juvenile to remain confidential unless a release of information is signed upon admission to the program or is otherwise authorized by law.