Nebraska Revised Statute 42-748.01
Chapter 42 Section 748.01
(1) Application means a request under the Convention by an obligee or obligor, or on behalf of a child, made through a central authority for assistance from another central authority.
(2) Central authority means the entity designated by the United States or a foreign country described in subdivision (5)(D) of section 42-702 to perform the functions specified in the Convention.
(3) Convention support order means a support order of a tribunal of a foreign country described in subdivision (5)(D) of section 42-702.
(4) Direct request means a petition filed by an individual in a tribunal of this state in a proceeding involving an obligee, an obligor, or a child residing outside the United States.
(5) Foreign central authority means the entity designated by a foreign country described in subdivision (5)(D) of section 42-702 to perform the functions specified in the Convention.
(6) Foreign support agreement:
(A) means an agreement for support in a record that:
(i) is enforceable as a support order in the country of origin;
(ii) has been:
(I) formally drawn up or registered as an authentic instrument by a foreign tribunal; or
(II) authenticated by, or concluded, registered, or filed with a foreign tribunal; and
(iii) may be reviewed and modified by a foreign tribunal; and
(B) includes a maintenance arrangement or authentic instrument under the Convention.
(7) United States central authority means the Secretary of the United States Department of Health and Human Services.