Nebraska Revised Statute 42-364.02

Chapter 42


Child support; withholding of earnings; application; who may file.

Any person having a direct interest in the welfare of a minor child may file an application, with the court that has previously ordered a parent to pay any amount for the support of the minor child, requesting the court to hold a hearing on such application and to enter an order as allowed by the provisions of section 42-364.01. Persons having a direct interest in the welfare of a child shall include a parent or legal guardian of the child, a person having custody of the child pursuant to an order of a court of competent jurisdiction, a county attorney, a deputy or assistant county attorney, and an employee of a county welfare office. No court, even if it has custody of a minor child, may initiate such an application.


  • Laws 1974, LB 1015, § 7;
  • Laws 1983, LB 371, § 5.