Nebraska Revised Statute 39-1901

Chapter 39 Section 1901


Road damages; payment from general fund; barricades by Department of Transportation; payment by department; claimant's petition.

All damages caused by the laying out, altering, opening, or discontinuing of any county road shall be paid by warrant on the general fund of the county in which such road is located, except that the Department of Transportation shall pay the damages, if any, which a person sustains and is legally entitled to recover because of the barricading of a county or township road pursuant to section 39-1728. Upon the failure of the party damaged and the county to agree upon the amount of damages, the damaged party, in addition to any other available remedy, may file a petition as provided for in section 76-705.