Nebraska Revised Statute 39-1619
Chapter 39 Section 1619
Intersections; roads adjacent to federal or state lands; assessments; intersection paving bonds; term; interest; warrants.
(1) For the payment of all improvements of the intersections and areas formed by the crossing of roads or alleys and one-half of the roads adjacent to real estate owned by the United States or the State of Nebraska, the assessment shall be made upon the taxable value of all the taxable property in such road improvement district and shall be levied in the manner referred to in subsection (1) of section 39-1621, and for the payment of such improvements, the board of trustees is hereby authorized to issue paving bonds of the road improvement district, in such denominations as it deems to be proper, to be called Intersection Paving Bonds, payable over the life of the improvements and in no event exceeding twenty years from date. Such bonds shall bear interest payable annually or semiannually, with interest coupons attached. For the prompt payment of such bonds, the full faith and credit of all the property in the district is pledged. Such bonds shall not be issued until the work is completed and then not in excess of the cost of the improvements.
(2) For the purpose of making partial payments as the work progresses, warrants may be issued by the board of trustees upon certificates of the engineer in charge showing the amount of the work completed and materials necessarily purchased and delivered for the orderly and proper continuation of the project, in a sum not exceeding ninety-five percent of the cost thereof, which warrants shall be redeemed and paid upon the sale of the bonds referred to in subsection (1) of this section and in section 39-1616 when issued and sold. The bonds may be sold or delivered to the contractor in payment at not less than par. The district shall pay to the contractor interest at the rate of eight percent per annum on the amounts due on partial and final payments, beginning forty-five days after the certification of the amounts due by the engineer in charge and approval by the governing body and running until the date that the warrant is tendered to the contractor.
- Laws 1957, c. 155, art. III, § 19, p. 532;
- Laws 1969, c. 51, § 106, p. 339;
- Laws 1975, LB 112, § 8;
- Laws 1979, LB 187, § 158;
- Laws 1992, LB 719A, § 139.