Nebraska Revised Statute 38-908
Licensure; eligibility; application.
An applicant for licensure under the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Practice Act to practice as a clinical nurse specialist shall be licensed as a registered nurse under the Nurse Practice Act or have the authority based on the Nurse Licensure Compact to practice as a registered nurse in Nebraska and shall submit to the department the following:
(1) Evidence that the applicant holds a graduate degree in a nursing clinical specialty area or has a graduate degree in nursing and has successfully completed a graduate-level clinical nurse specialist education program; and
(2) Evidence of certification issued by an approved certifying body or, when such certification is not available, an alternative method of competency assessment by any means approved by the board.
- Laws 2005, LB 256, § 3;
- R.S.Supp.,2006, § 71-17,119;
- Laws 2007, LB185, § 29;
- Laws 2007, LB463, § 260.
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Practice Act, see section 38-201.
- Credentialing, general requirements and issuance procedures, see section 38-121 et seq.
- Nurse Licensure Compact, see sections 71-1795 to 71-1795.02.
- Nurse Practice Act, see section 38-2201.