Nebraska Revised Statute 38-321
Chapter 38 Section 321
Rules and regulations.
The department, with the recommendation of the board, shall adopt and promulgate rules and regulations to administer the Alcohol and Drug Counseling Practice Act, including rules and regulations governing:
(1) Ways of clearly identifying students, interns, and other persons providing alcohol and drug counseling under supervision;
(2) The rights of persons receiving alcohol and drug counseling;
(3) The rights of clients to gain access to their records, except that records relating to substance abuse may be withheld from a client if an alcohol and drug counselor determines, in his or her professional opinion, that release of the records to the client would not be in the best interest of the client or would pose a threat to another person, unless the release of the records is required by court order;
(4) The contents and methods of distribution of disclosure statements to clients of alcohol and drug counselors; and
(5) Standards of professional conduct and a code of ethics.