Nebraska Revised Statute 38-2914
Chapter 38 Section 2914
Physical therapy or physiotherapy, defined.
Physical therapy or physiotherapy means:
(1) Examining, evaluating, and testing individuals with mechanical, physiological, and developmental impairments, functional limitations, and disabilities or other conditions related to health and movement and, through analysis of the evaluative process, developing a plan of therapeutic intervention and prognosis while assessing the ongoing effects of the intervention;
(2) Alleviating impairment, functional limitation, or disabilities by designing, implementing, or modifying therapeutic interventions which may include any of the following: Therapeutic exercise; functional training in home, community, or work integration or reintegration related to physical movement and mobility; therapeutic massage; mobilization or manual therapy; recommendation, application, and fabrication of assistive, adaptive, protective, and supportive devices and equipment; airway clearance techniques; integumentary protection techniques; nonsurgical debridement and wound care; physical agents or modalities; mechanical and electrotherapeutic modalities; and patient-related instruction; but which does not include the making of a medical diagnosis;
(3) Purchasing, storing, and administering topical and aerosol medication in compliance with applicable rules and regulations of the Board of Pharmacy regarding the storage of such medication;
(4) Reducing the risk of injury, impairment, functional limitation, or disability, including the promotion and maintenance of fitness, health, and wellness; and
(5) Engaging in administration, consultation, education, and research.