Nebraska Revised Statute 38-2851
Pharmacist; license; requirements.
(1) To be eligible to take the pharmacist licensure examination, every applicant must present proof of graduation from an accredited pharmacy program. A graduate of a pharmacy program located outside of the United States and which is not accredited shall be deemed to have satisfied the requirement of being a graduate of an accredited pharmacy program upon providing evidence satisfactory to the department, with the recommendation of the board, of graduation from such foreign pharmacy program and upon successfully passing an equivalency examination approved by the board.
(2) Every applicant for licensure as a pharmacist shall (a) pass a pharmacist licensure examination approved by the board, (b) have graduated from a pharmacy program pursuant to subsection (1) of this section, and (c) present proof satisfactory to the department, with the recommendation of the board, that he or she has met one of the following requirements to demonstrate his or her current competency: (i) Within the last three years, has passed a pharmacist licensure examination approved by the board; (ii) has been in the active practice of the profession of pharmacy in another state, territory, or the District of Columbia for at least one year within the three years immediately preceding the application for licensure; (iii) has become board certified in a specialty recognized by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties or its successor within the seven years immediately preceding the application for licensure; (iv) is duly licensed as a pharmacist in some other state, territory, or the District of Columbia in which, under like conditions, licensure as a pharmacist is granted in this state; or (v) has completed continuing competency in pharmacy that is approved by the Board of Pharmacy.
(3) Proof of the qualifications for licensure prescribed in this section shall be made to the satisfaction of the department, with the recommendation of the board. Graduation from an accredited pharmacy program shall be certified by the appropriate school, college, or university authority by the issuance of the degree granted to a graduate of such school, college, or university.
- Laws 1927, c. 167, § 123, p. 491;
- C.S.1929, § 71-1804;
- Laws 1939, c. 91, § 1, p. 393;
- C.S.Supp.,1941, § 71-1804;
- Laws 1943, c. 151, § 2, p. 552;
- R.S.1943, § 71-1,145;
- Laws 1971, LB 350, § 3;
- Laws 1974, LB 811, § 14;
- Laws 1983, LB 476, § 14;
- Laws 1996, LB 1044, § 449;
- Laws 1999, LB 828, § 110;
- R.S.Supp.,2000, § 71-1,145;
- Laws 2001, LB 398, § 30;
- Laws 2003, LB 242, § 51;
- Laws 2003, LB 245, § 13;
- Laws 2004, LB 1005, § 15;
- R.S.Supp.,2006, § 71-1,143.01;
- Laws 2007, LB296, § 345;
- Laws 2007, LB463, § 947;
- Laws 2011, LB179, § 5.
- Credentialing, general requirements and issuance procedures, see section 38-121 et seq.