Nebraska Revised Statute 38-2130

Chapter 38


Certified marriage and family therapist, certified professional counselor, social worker; reciprocity; military spouse; temporary certificate.

The department, with the recommendation of the board, may issue a certificate based on licensure in another jurisdiction to represent oneself as a certified marriage and family therapist, a certified professional counselor, or a social worker to an individual who meets the requirements of the Mental Health Practice Act relating to marriage and family therapy, professional counseling, or social work, as appropriate, or substantially equivalent requirements as determined by the department, with the recommendation of the board. An applicant for a certificate who is a military spouse may apply for a temporary certificate as provided in section 38-129.01.