Nebraska Revised Statute 38-208
License; qualifications; military spouse; temporary license.
(1) An applicant for initial licensure as an advanced practice registered nurse shall:
(a) Be licensed as a registered nurse under the Nurse Practice Act or have authority based on the Nurse Licensure Compact to practice as a registered nurse in Nebraska;
(b) Be a graduate of or have completed a graduate-level advanced practice registered nurse program in a clinical specialty area of certified registered nurse anesthetist, clinical nurse specialist, certified nurse midwife, or nurse practitioner, which program is accredited by a national accrediting body;
(c) Be certified as a certified registered nurse anesthetist, a clinical nurse specialist, a certified nurse midwife, or a nurse practitioner, by an approved certifying body or an alternative method of competency assessment approved by the board, pursuant to the Certified Nurse Midwifery Practice Act, the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist Practice Act, the Clinical Nurse Specialist Practice Act, or the Nurse Practitioner Practice Act, as appropriate to the applicant's educational preparation;
(d) Provide evidence as required by rules and regulations; and
(e) Have committed no acts or omissions which are grounds for disciplinary action in another jurisdiction or, if such acts have been committed and would be grounds for discipline under the Nurse Practice Act, the board has found after investigation that sufficient restitution has been made.
(2) The department may issue a license under this section to an applicant who holds a license from another jurisdiction if the licensure requirements of such other jurisdiction meet or exceed the requirements for licensure as an advanced practice registered nurse under the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Practice Act. An applicant under this subsection shall submit documentation as required by rules and regulations.
(3) A person licensed as an advanced practice registered nurse or certified as a certified registered nurse anesthetist or a certified nurse midwife in this state on July 1, 2007, shall be issued a license by the department as an advanced practice registered nurse on such date.
(4) An applicant who is a military spouse may apply for a temporary license as provided in section 38-129.01.
- Laws 2005, LB 256, § 42;
- R.S.Supp.,2006, § 71-17,137;
- Laws 2007, LB185, § 38;
- Laws 2007, LB463, § 147;
- Laws 2017, LB88, § 35.
- Certified Nurse Midwifery Practice Act, see section 38-601.
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist Practice Act, see section 38-701.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Practice Act, see section 38-901.
- Credentialing, general requirements and issuance procedures, see section 38-121 et seq.
- Nurse Licensure Compact, see sections 71-1795 to 71-1795.02.
- Nurse Practice Act, see section 38-2201.
- Nurse Practitioner Practice Act, see section 38-2301.