Nebraska Revised Statute 38-2049
Physician assistants; licenses; temporary licenses; issuance; military spouse; temporary license.
(1) The department, with the recommendation of the board, shall issue licenses to persons who are graduates of an approved program and have passed a proficiency examination.
(2) The department, with the recommendation of the board, shall issue temporary licenses under this subsection to persons who have successfully completed an approved program but who have not yet passed a proficiency examination. Any temporary license issued pursuant to this subsection shall be issued for a period not to exceed one year and under such conditions as determined by the department, with the recommendation of the board. The temporary license issued under this subsection may be extended by the department, with the recommendation of the board.
(3) Physician assistants approved by the board prior to April 16, 1985, shall not be required to complete the proficiency examination.
(4) An applicant who is a military spouse applying for a license to practice as a physician assistant may apply for a temporary license as provided in section 38-129.01.
- Credentialing, general requirements and issuance procedures, see section 38-121 et seq.