Nebraska Revised Statute 38-2046
Physician assistants; legislative findings.
The Legislature finds that:
(1) In its concern with the geographic maldistribution of health care services in Nebraska it is essential to develop additional health personnel; and
(2) It is essential to encourage the more effective utilization of the skills of physicians by enabling them to delegate health care tasks to qualified physician assistants when such delegation is consistent with the patient's health and welfare.
It is the intent of the Legislature to encourage the utilization of such physician assistants by physicians.
- Laws 1973, LB 101, § 1;
- R.S.Supp.,1973, § 85-179.04;
- Laws 1985, LB 132, § 1;
- R.S.1943, (2003), § 71-1,107.15;
- Laws 2007, LB463, § 704.
- Student loan program, Rural Health Systems and Professional Incentive Act, see section 71-5650.