Nebraska Revised Statute 38-183
Credential issued by department; temporary suspension or limitation; notice and hearing not required; when; duration.
(1) The department may temporarily suspend or temporarily limit any credential issued by the department without notice or a hearing if the director determines that there is reasonable cause to believe that grounds exist under section 38-178 or 38-182 for the revocation, suspension, or limitation of the credential and that the credential holder's continuation in practice or operation would constitute an imminent danger to the public health and safety. Simultaneously with any such action, the department shall institute proceedings for a hearing on the grounds for revocation, suspension, or limitation of the credential. Such hearing shall be held no later than fifteen days from the date of such temporary suspension or temporary limitation of the credential.
(2) A continuance of the hearing shall be granted by the department upon the written request of the credential holder, and such a continuance shall not exceed thirty days unless waived by the credential holder. A temporary suspension or temporary limitation order by the director shall take effect when served upon the credential holder.
(3) In no case shall a temporary suspension or temporary limitation of a credential under this section be in effect for a period of time in excess of ninety days unless waived by the credential holder. If a decision is not reached within ninety days, the credential shall be reinstated unless and until the department reaches a decision to revoke, suspend, or limit the credential or otherwise discipline the credential holder.
- Laws 1986, LB 926, § 26;
- Laws 1991, LB 456, § 10;
- Laws 1994, LB 1210, § 26;
- R.S.1943, (2003), § 71-147.02;
- Laws 2007, LB463, § 83.