Nebraska Revised Statute 38-1224
Duties and activities authorized; limitations.
(1) An emergency care provider other than an emergency medical responder may not assume the duties incident to the title or practice the skills of an emergency care provider unless he or she is acting under the supervision of a licensed health care practitioner.
(2) An emergency care provider may only practice the skills he or she is authorized to employ and which are covered by the license issued to such provider pursuant to the Emergency Medical Services Practice Act or as authorized pursuant to the EMS Personnel Licensure Interstate Compact.
(3) A registered nurse may provide for the direction of an emergency care provider in any setting other than an emergency medical service.
(4) For purposes of this section, licensed health care practitioner means (a) a physician medical director or physician surrogate for purposes of supervision of an emergency care provider for an emergency medical service or (b) a physician, a physician assistant, or an advanced practice registered nurse for purposes of supervision of an emergency care provider in a setting other than an emergency medical service.
- EMS Personnel Licensure Interstate Compact, see section 38-3801.