Nebraska Revised Statute 38-1086
Licensed salon; operating requirements.
In order to maintain its license in good standing, each salon shall operate in accordance with the following requirements:
(1) The salon shall at all times comply with all applicable provisions of the Cosmetology, Electrology, Esthetics, Nail Technology, and Body Art Practice Act and all rules and regulations adopted and promulgated under such act;
(2) The salon owner or his or her agent shall notify the department at least thirty days prior to any change of ownership, name, or address, and within one week if a salon is permanently closed, except in emergency circumstances as determined by the department;
(3) No salon shall permit any unlicensed person to perform any of the practices of cosmetology within its confines or employment;
(4) The salon shall display a name upon, over, or near the entrance door distinguishing it as a salon;
(5) The salon shall permit any duly authorized agent of the department to conduct an operation inspection or investigation at any time during the normal operating hours of the salon, without prior notice, and the owner and manager shall assist the inspector by providing access to all areas of the salon, all personnel, and all records requested by the inspector;
(6) The salon shall display in a conspicuous place the following records:
(a) The current license or certificate of consideration to operate a salon;
(b) The current licenses of all persons employed by or working in the salon; and
(c) The rating sheet from the most recent operation inspection;
(7) At no time shall a salon employ more employees than permitted by the square footage requirements of the Cosmetology, Electrology, Esthetics, Nail Technology, and Body Art Practice Act; and
(8) The salon shall not knowingly permit its employees to use or consume intoxicating beverages upon its premises.