Nebraska Revised Statute 38-1083
Salon; license; requirements.
In order to be licensed as a salon by the department, an applicant shall meet, and present to the department evidence of meeting, the following requirements:
(1) The proposed salon shall be a fixed, permanent structure or part of one;
(2) The proposed salon shall be physically separated from all other business or residential activities except barbering, manicuring, pedicuring, and retail sales;
(3) The separation required in subdivision (2) of this section shall be by fixed walls or by partitions not less than six feet high;
(4) Areas of the salon used for barbering, manicuring, or pedicuring shall be clearly identified as such to the public by a sign and shall be visually distinct from other areas of the salon;
(5) All areas of the salon, including those used for manicures, pedicures, or retail sales, shall comply with the sanitary requirements of the Cosmetology, Electrology, Esthetics, Nail Technology, and Body Art Practice Act;
(6) A salon located in a residence shall be entirely distinct and separate from any living quarters, except that there may be one connecting door to the living portion of the dwelling as an access entrance to the salon for the owner or operator, but such entrance shall not be for the use of the general public;
(7) The entrance into the proposed salon used by the general public shall lead directly from the outside to the salon, except that a salon located in a commercial building may have its entrance open from a public area such as a foyer, hallway, mall, concourse, or retail sales floor. Any salon in existence and licensed on August 30, 1987, shall not be required to comply with this subdivision;
(8) The proposed salon shall have at least one hundred fifty square feet of floor space. If more than one practitioner is to be employed in the salon at the same time, the salon shall contain an additional space of at least fifty square feet for each additional practitioner, except that a salon employing a licensee exclusively to perform home services need not provide additional space for such employee;
(9) The proposed salon shall include toilet facilities unless the salon is located in a commercial building in which public toilet facilities are available that open directly off of a public area; and
(10) The proposed salon shall meet all state or local building code and fire code requirements.
- Laws 1986, LB 318, § 82;
- Laws 1987, LB 543, § 19;
- R.S.1943, (2003), § 71-3,121;
- Laws 2007, LB463, § 345.