Nebraska Revised Statute 38-10,111
School of cosmetology; satellite classroom; license; requirements; waiver.
Any school of cosmetology may apply to the department for a license to operate a satellite classroom. A satellite classroom shall be subject to all requirements of the Cosmetology, Electrology, Esthetics, Nail Technology, and Body Art Practice Act and rules and regulations adopted and promulgated under such act, except as follows:
(1) A satellite classroom shall consist of classroom facilities only, and no clinical activities may be performed thereat. A satellite classroom shall contain a minimum of four hundred square feet of floor space;
(2) Students located at a satellite classroom may move to the home school, or vice versa, without being considered transfer students;
(3) Students in a satellite classroom shall be maintained on the same monthly report form as students in the home school; and
(4) No satellite classroom may operate in any manner unless the home school is at the time operating and possesses a full active license, except a satellite classroom may keep different days and hours of operation from those of its home school. The license to operate a satellite classroom shall be revoked or shall expire at the same time as that for its home school.
The department, with the recommendation of the board, may adopt and promulgate rules and regulations to modify or waive any of the operating or student requirements of a school of cosmetology for a satellite classroom if the department determines that such requirements are not applicable or appropriate to a satellite classroom.
- Laws 1986, LB 318, § 110;
- R.S.1943, (2003), § 71-3,149;
- Laws 2007, LB463, § 373.