Nebraska Revised Statute 38-10,104
Licensed school; additional operating requirements.
In order to maintain its license in good standing, each school of cosmetology or school of esthetics shall operate in accordance with the following requirements:
(1) All persons accepted for enrollment as students shall meet the qualifications established in section 38-10,103;
(2) The school shall, at all times the school is in operation, have at least one instructor in the school for each twenty students or fraction thereof enrolled in the school, except that freshman and advanced students shall be taught by different instructors in separate classes;
(3) The school shall not permit any student to render clinical services on members of the public with or without fees until such student has satisfactorily completed the freshman curriculum, except that the board may establish guidelines by which it may approve such practices as part of the freshman curriculum;
(4) No school shall pay direct compensation to any of its students. Student instructors may be paid as determined by the school;
(5) All students and student instructors shall be under the supervision of an instructor at all times, except that students shall be under the direct supervision of an instructor or student instructor at all times when cosmetology or esthetics services are being taught or performed and student instructors may independently supervise students after successfully completing at least one-half of the required instructor program;
(6) No student shall be permitted by the school to train or work in a school in any manner for more than ten hours a day; and
(7) The school shall not credit a student or student instructor with hours except when such hours were earned in the study or practice of cosmetology, esthetics, nail technology, or barbering in accordance with the required curriculum. Hours shall be credited on a daily basis. Once credited, hours cannot be removed or disallowed except by the department upon a finding that the hours have been wrongfully allowed.