Nebraska Revised Statute 37-525
Training or running of bird dogs or hunting dogs; regulation; violation; penalty.
(1) Except as provided in section 37-483 and rules and regulations established by the commission, it shall be unlawful for any person to take game birds or game animals during any closed season while training or running a dog.
(2) The commission shall adopt and promulgate rules and regulations which regulate taking game birds or game animals for the purpose of training bird or hunting dogs on public and private land, the licensing of dog training areas, and the administration of novice hunter education activities in which game birds or game animals may be taken. Such rules and regulations may limit dog training to noncommercial activities and shall include, but not be limited to, the following: Administration of a novice hunter education program and the issuance of a permit to conduct such a program, limitations on dog training activities, requirements for dog training areas, possession requirements, open areas, seasons, methods, time periods in which taking is authorized, species to be taken, and requirements for dog trials as specified in section 37-412.
(3) No dog shall be run upon private property under this section at any time without the express permission of the landowner or tenant.
(4) Any person violating this section shall be guilty of a Class III misdemeanor and shall be fined at least fifty dollars.
- Laws 1929, c. 112, V, § 13, p. 430;
- C.S.1929, § 37-513;
- Laws 1937, c. 89, § 14, p. 298;
- C.S.Supp.,1941, § 37-513;
- R.S.1943, § 37-513;
- Laws 1945, c. 78, § 7, p. 292;
- Laws 1955, c. 135, § 1, p. 386;
- Laws 1969, c. 295, § 1, p. 1068;
- Laws 1972, LB 1447, § 3;
- R.S.1943, (1993), § 37-513;
- Laws 1998, LB 922, § 245;
- Laws 1999, LB 176, § 71;
- Laws 2002, LB 1003, § 27.