Nebraska Revised Statute 37-457
Hunting wild turkey; permit required; fee; issuance.
(1) The commission may issue permits for hunting wild turkey and prescribe and establish regulations and limitations for the hunting, transportation, and possession of wild turkey. The commission may offer multiple-year permits or combinations of permits at reduced rates. The number of such permits may be limited as provided by the regulations of the commission, but the permits shall be disposed of in an impartial manner. Such permits may be issued to allow wild turkey hunting in the Nebraska National Forest and other game reserves and such other areas as the commission may designate whenever the commission deems that permitting such hunting would not be detrimental to the proper preservation of wildlife in such forest, reserves, or areas.
(2) The commission shall, pursuant to section 37-327, establish and charge a fee of not more than thirty-one dollars for residents and not more than one hundred twenty-six dollars for nonresidents for each permit issued under this section except as provided in subsection (5) of this section.
(3) The commission may issue nonresident permits after preference has been given for the issuance of resident permits as provided in rules and regulations adopted and promulgated by the commission. The commission may require a predetermined application period for permit applications in specified management units.
(4) The provisions of section 37-447 for the distribution of deer permits also may apply to the distribution of wild turkey permits. No permit to hunt wild turkey shall be issued without payment of the fee required by this section.
(5) The commission shall, pursuant to section 37-327, establish and charge a fee of not more than twenty-five dollars for residents and not more than forty-five dollars for nonresidents for a youth wild turkey permit.
- Laws 1961, c. 172, § 1, p. 513;
- Laws 1969, c. 292, § 2, p. 1064;
- Laws 1976, LB 861, § 16;
- Laws 1993, LB 235, § 17;
- R.S.1943, (1993), § 37-227;
- Laws 1998, LB 922, § 167;
- Laws 1999, LB 176, § 44;
- Laws 2003, LB 306, § 7;
- Laws 2005, LB 162, § 19;
- Laws 2007, LB299, § 11;
- Laws 2009, LB105, § 22;
- Laws 2016, LB745, § 15.