Nebraska Revised Statute 37-318
Free fishing day; commission; powers and duties.
(1) To promote an interest in fishing and to create an awareness of Nebraska's lakes, rivers, streams, ponds, and parks, a day between March 15 and October 15, to be determined by the commission, shall be recognized as free fishing day. On this day, Nebraska residents and nonresidents may enjoy the privilege of fishing without the purchase of a fishing permit, except that any fishing done under the authority of a special daily fishing permit under section 37-422 still requires the purchase of such permit.
(2) No motor vehicle entry permit or fee will be required for entry into a permit area as defined in section 37-435 on free fishing day.
(3) Nothing in this section shall affect the applicability of statutes and regulations other than the permit requirements referred to in this section.
(4) The commission may adopt and promulgate rules and regulations necessary to carry out this section.
- Laws 1996, LB 923, § 1;
- R.S.Supp.,1996, § 37-311;
- Laws 1998, LB 922, § 76.