Nebraska Revised Statute 33-101
Secretary of State; fees.
There shall be paid to the Secretary of State the following fees:
(1) For certificate or exemplification with seal, ten dollars;
(2) For copies of records, for each page, a fee of one dollar;
(3) For accessing records by electronic means:
(a) For batch requests of business entity information, fifteen dollars for up to one thousand business entities accessed and an additional fifteen dollars for each additional one thousand business entities accessed over one thousand;
(b) For information in the Secretary of State's Uniform Commercial Code Division data base, including records filed pursuant to the Uniform Commercial Code, Chapter 52, article 2, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, or 14, Chapter 54, article 2, or the Uniform State Tax Lien Registration and Enforcement Act, for batch requests searched by debtor location, fifteen dollars for up to one thousand records accessed and an additional fifteen dollars for each additional one thousand records accessed over one thousand;
(c) For an electronically transmitted certificate indicating whether a business is properly registered with the Secretary of State and authorized to do business in the state, six dollars and fifty cents;
(d) For the entire contents of the data base regarding corporations and the Uniform Commercial Code, but excluding electronic images, three hundred dollars weekly subscription rate, one thousand dollars monthly subscription rate for a twice-monthly service, and eight hundred dollars monthly subscription rate;
(e) For images of records accessed over the Internet or by other electronic means other than facsimile machine, forty-five cents for each page or image of a page, not to exceed two thousand dollars per request for batch requests; and
(f) For the entire contents of the image data base regarding corporations and the Uniform Commercial Code, eight hundred dollars monthly subscription rate;
(4) For recording articles of association or incorporation, amendments, revised or restated articles, changes of registered office or registered agent, increase or decrease of capital stock, merger or consolidation, statement of intent to dissolve, and consent to dissolution, revocation of dissolution, articles of dissolution, domestic or foreign, profit or nonprofit, five dollars per page;
(5) For taking acknowledgment, ten dollars;
(6) For administering oath, ten dollars;
(7) For filings by for-profit corporations and associations required or permitted by law to file articles of incorporation or organization with the Secretary of State, the fees provided in section 21-205 unless otherwise specifically provided by law; and
(8) For filings by nonprofit corporations and associations required or permitted by law to file articles of incorporation or organization with the Secretary of State or for such a filing by any entity declared to be a corporation under section 21-608, the fees provided in section 21-1905 unless otherwise specifically provided by law.
All fees collected pursuant to subdivision (3) of this section shall be deposited in the Records Management Cash Fund and shall be distributed as provided in any agreements between the State Records Board and the Secretary of State.
- Laws 1877, § 5, p. 196;
- Laws 1897, c. 72, § 1, p. 331;
- Laws 1907, c. 139, § 1, p. 445;
- Laws 1911, c. 128, § 1, p. 435;
- R.S.1913, § 2423;
- Laws 1921, c. 104, § 1, p. 374;
- C.S.1922, § 2364;
- C.S.1929, § 33-103;
- R.S.1943, § 33-101;
- Laws 1947, c. 118, § 1, p. 349;
- Laws 1955, c. 63, § 12, p. 207;
- Laws 1961, c. 156, § 1, p. 477;
- Laws 1965, c. 183, § 1, p. 569;
- Laws 1969, c. 268, § 1, p. 1030;
- Laws 1975, LB 95, § 6;
- Laws 1982, LB 928, § 27;
- Laws 1994, LB 1004, § 2;
- Laws 1995, LB 109, § 214;
- Laws 1996, LB 681, § 194;
- Laws 1998, LB 924, § 18;
- Laws 2000, LB 929, § 23;
- Laws 2003, LB 524, § 20;
- Laws 2014, LB278, § 1;
- Laws 2014, LB749, § 279;
- Laws 2018, LB749, § 2.
- Effective Date: July 19, 2018
- Uniform State Tax Lien Registration and Enforcement Act, see section 77-3901.
Building and loan associations are not exempted from paying the fee required by this section for filing certificates of increase of capital stock. State ex rel. Equitable Building Loan & Savings Assn. v. Amsberry, 104 Neb. 843, 178 N.W. 828 (1920).
Under the 1897 amendment to this section, a building and loan association was not required to file its articles of incorporation with the Secretary of State and pay him a fee as a condition precedent to obtaining a certificate of approval. State ex rel. Bullard v. Searle, 86 Neb. 259, 125 N.W. 590 (1910).
This section is cited in a footnote to the opinion to the effect that most state statutes measure domestic incorporation fees according to the amount or number of shares of capital stock authorized. Atlantic Refining Co. v. Virginia, 302 U.S. 22 (1837).