Nebraska Revised Statute 30-3117
For purposes of the Uniform Principal and Income Act:
(1) Accounting period means a calendar year unless another twelve-month period is selected by a fiduciary. The term includes a portion of a calendar year or other twelve-month period that begins when an income interest begins or ends when an income interest ends.
(2) Beneficiary includes, in the case of a decedent's estate, an heir, legatee, and devisee and, in the case of a trust, an income beneficiary and a remainder beneficiary.
(3) Fiduciary means a personal representative or a trustee. The term includes an executor, administrator, successor personal representative, special administrator, and a person performing substantially the same function.
(4) Income means money or property that a fiduciary receives as current return from a principal asset. The term includes a portion of receipts from a sale, exchange, or liquidation of a principal asset, to the extent provided in sections 30-3127 to 30-3141.
(5) Income beneficiary means a person to whom net income of a trust is or may be payable.
(6) Income interest means the right of an income beneficiary to receive all or part of net income, whether the terms of the trust require it to be distributed or authorize it to be distributed in the trustee's discretion.
(7) Mandatory income interest means the right of an income beneficiary to receive net income that the terms of the trust require the fiduciary to distribute.
(8) Net income means the total receipts allocated to income during an accounting period minus the disbursements made from income during the period, plus or minus transfers under the act to or from income during the period.
(9) Person means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, government; governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality; public corporation, or any other legal or commercial entity.
(10) Principal means property held in trust for distribution to a remainder beneficiary when the trust terminates.
(11) Qualified beneficiary has the same meaning as in section 30-3803.
(12) Remainder beneficiary means a person entitled to receive principal when an income interest ends.
(13) Terms of a trust means the manifestation of the intent of a settlor or decedent with respect to the trust, expressed in a manner that admits of its proof in a judicial proceeding, whether by written or spoken words or by conduct.
(14) Total return trust means a trust that is converted to a total return trust pursuant to section 30-3119.01 or a trust the terms of which manifest the settlor's intent that the trustee will administer the trust in accordance with subsection (4) of section 30-3119.01.
(15) Trustee includes an original, additional, or successor trustee, whether or not appointed or confirmed by a court.