Nebraska Revised Statute 30-2734
Chapter 30 Section 2734
(1) Beneficiary form means a registration of a security which indicates the present owner of the security and the intention of the owner regarding the person who will become the owner of the security upon the death of the owner.
(2) Business means a corporation, partnership, limited liability company, limited partnership, limited liability partnership, or any other legal or commercial entity.
(3) Register, including its derivatives, means to issue a certificate showing the ownership of a certificated security or, in the case of an uncertificated security, to initiate or transfer an account showing ownership of securities.
(4) Registering entity means a person who originates or transfers a security title by registration, and includes a broker maintaining security accounts for customers and a transfer agent or other person acting for or as an issuer of securities.
(5) Security means a share, participation, or other interest in property, in a business, or in an obligation of an enterprise or other issuer, and includes a certificated security, an uncertificated security, and a security account.
(6) Security account means (i) a reinvestment account associated with a security, a securities account with a broker, a cash balance in a brokerage account, cash, interest, earnings, or dividends earned or declared on a security in an account, a reinvestment account, or a brokerage account, whether or not credited to the account before the owner's death, (ii) an investment management or custody account with a trust company or a trust department of a bank with trust powers, including the securities in the account, a cash balance in the account, and cash, cash equivalents, interest, earnings, or dividends earned or declared on a security in the account, whether or not credited to the account before the owner's death, or (iii) a cash balance or other property held for or due to the owner of a security as a replacement for or product of an account security, whether or not credited to the account before the owner's death.
(7) The words transfer on death or the abbreviation TOD and the words pay on death or the abbreviation POD are used without regard for whether the subject is a money claim against an insurer, such as its own note or bond for money loaned, or is a claim to securities evidenced by conventional title documentation.