Nebraska Revised Statute 3-320
Chapter 3 Section 320
Zoning regulations; board of adjustment; members; terms; powers.
(1) All airport zoning regulations adopted under the Airport Zoning Act shall provide for a board of adjustment to have and exercise the following powers:
(a) To hear and decide appeals from any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by the administrative agency in the enforcement of the airport zoning regulations;
(b) To hear and decide any special exceptions to the terms of the airport zoning regulations upon which such board may be required to pass under such regulations; and
(c) To hear and decide petitions for variances from the strict application of airport zoning regulations.
(2) A board of adjustment shall consist of five regular members, each to be appointed for a term of three years by the political subdivision or joint airport zoning board adopting the regulations. Any member thereof may be removed by the appointing authority for cause, upon written charges and after a public hearing. The concurring vote of four members of the board shall be necessary to reverse any order, requirement, decision, or determination of the administrative agency or to decide in favor of the applicant on any matter upon which the board is required to pass under the airport zoning regulations or to effect any variation in such regulations.
(3) The board of adjustment may, consistent with the Airport Zoning Act, reverse or affirm wholly or partly or modify the order, requirement, decision, or determination appealed from and may make such order, requirement, decision, or determination as it deems right and proper under the circumstances.
(4) A board of adjustment, board of zoning appeals, or similar zoning appeals board that exists on September 6, 2013, may be designated as and shall exercise the power of the board of adjustment for airport zoning regulations as required by this section.
- Laws 1945, c. 233, § 10(1), p. 688;
- Laws 2013, LB140, § 16.