Nebraska Revised Statute 28-509
(1) Deprive shall mean:
(a) To withhold property of another permanently or for so extended a period as to appropriate a major portion of its economic value, or with intent to restore only upon payment of reward or other compensation; or
(b) To dispose of the property of another so as to create a substantial risk that the owner will not recover it in the condition it was when the actor obtained it;
(2) Financial institution shall mean a bank, insurance company, credit union, building and loan association, investment trust, or other organization held out to the public as a place of deposit of funds or medium of savings or collective investment;
(3) Movable property shall mean property the location of which can be changed, including things growing on, affixed to, or found in land, and documents although the rights represented thereby may have no physical location. Immovable property shall mean all other property;
(4) Obtain shall mean:
(a) In relation to property, to bring about a transfer or purported transfer of a legal interest in the property, whether to the obtainer or another; or
(b) In relation to labor or service, to secure performance thereof;
(5) Property shall mean anything of value, including real estate, tangible and intangible personal property, contract rights, credit cards, charge plates, or any other instrument which purports to evidence an undertaking to pay for property or services delivered or rendered to or upon the order of a designated person or bearer, choses in action and other interests in or claims to wealth, admission or transportation tickets, captured or domestic animals, food and drink, and electric or other power;
(6) Property of another shall mean property in which any person other than the actor has an interest which the actor is not privileged to infringe, regardless of the fact that the actor also has an interest in the property and regardless of the fact that the other person might be precluded from civil recovery because the property was used in an unlawful transaction or was subject to forfeiture as contraband. Property in possession of the actor shall not be deemed property of another who has only a security interest therein, even if legal title is in the creditor pursuant to a conditional sales contract or other security agreement;
(7) Receiving shall mean acquiring possession, control, or title, or lending on the security of the property; and
(8) Stolen shall mean property which has been the subject of theft or robbery or a vehicle which is received from a person who is then in violation of section 28-517.
- Laws 1977, LB 38, § 108;
- Laws 1982, LB 126, § 1.