Nebraska Revised Statute 25-2909
Grants; application; contents; approved centers; reports.
(1) The office shall annually award grants to approved centers. It is the intent of the Legislature that centers be established and grants distributed statewide.
(2) A center or an entity proposing a center may apply to the office for approval to provide services under the Dispute Resolution Act by submitting an application which includes:
(a) A strategic plan for the operation of the center;
(b) The center's objectives;
(c) The areas of population to be served;
(d) The administrative organization;
(e) Record-keeping procedures;
(f) Procedures for intake, for scheduling, and for conducting and terminating restorative justice programs and dispute resolution sessions;
(g) Qualifications for mediators and restorative justice facilitators for the center;
(h) An annual budget for the center;
(i) The results of an audit of the center for a period covering the previous year if the center was in operation for such period; and
(j) Proof of 501(c)(3) status under the Internal Revenue Code or proof of establishment by a court.
(3) The office may specify additional criteria for approval and for grants as it deems necessary.
(4) Annual reports shall be required of each approved center. The reports shall include the number and types of cases handled in the year and a showing of continued compliance with the act.
- Laws 1991, LB 90, § 9;
- Laws 2019, LB595, § 8.
- Effective Date: September 1, 2019